Here’s the thing about being pro choice that people don’t get…
You don’t have to morally agree with abortion to be pro choice. That’s why it’s not called pro abortion. It’s an understanding that you can’t make that choice for someone else and they have full control over that not you. It’s pro I’m not the boss of everyone else.
This is important.
like 89% of boys make me feel super uncomfortable and the other 11% only make me moderately uncomfortable
noarel said: haluut oikeesti vaan puhua miusta paskaa, älä yritä kierrellä
voi hitsin pimpulat, tajusit salaiset aikeeni
when people give me compliments I feel like a vending machine trying to accept a wrinkly dollar and it’s just really frustrating for everyone involved
I’ve never related to anything more in my life
I am so excited for Will Graham to have the biggest ‘I told you so’ in human history.
ANNE FRANK WAS BI
HOW DID NO ONE EVER TELL ME THIS
I FEEL FUCKING ROBBED
Excuse me while I memorize this list
I keep trying to tell people this but nobody believes me.
haha yea they edited bits of her diary out which included anne expressing attraction to girls and it’s even been banned from schools because of this!! fun fact
“Unconsciously, I had these feelings even before I came here. Once when I was spending the night at Jacque's, I could no longer restrain my curiosity about her body, which she'd always hidden from me and which I'd never seen. I asked her whether, as proof of our friendiship, we could touch each other's breasts. Jacque refused. I also had a terrible desire to kiss her, which I did. Every time I see a female nude, such as the Venus in my art history book, I go into ecstasy. Sometimes I find them so exquisite I have to struggle to hold back my tears. If only I had a girlfriend!"
You know, what I find interesting, is there is at least two works in the past fifteen years or so about kids killing each other, mostly isolated from any adult supervision.
What’s the classic example of that? Lord of the Flies.
When I studied that in grade eight, it was held up as this example of society, a look at what we would be like without authority. (Written by an old white British dude raise your hand if you’re surprised.)
So, lets look at Battle Royale and Hunger Games as the modern-day version of that.
What’s the key distance that time has made with these microcosms of children murdering children?
These days, it’s not being shown that we default to savage murder without authority. These works show authority forcing us into it.
I think that’s fucking fascinating.
And much more accurate.
It should be noted (and this is a personal pet issue) that Lord of the Flies did not arise independently: it was emphatically a reaction to a huuuuuge genre of boys-own stories wherein boys in shipwreck or whatever then went on to recreate British society with no violence, purely due to their Noble British Blood.
LotF was a reaction to that, a criticism to that, a way of saying “fuck that, we are no better than anyone else and neither are our kids, if alone and hungry and stressed and scared we are one breath away from superstitious savagery.”
That context is IMPORTANT. Because while LotF and HG/BR both deal in child-violence, they are NOT having two different iterations of the same conversation; they are talking about two different things.
The boys in Lord of the Flies are rich white English boys. They are “supposed” to BE the authority. Conversely, Hunger Games is written from the subordinate position, about a poor, provincial, working-class woman of colour.
SUCCULENTS AND EVERGREENSSSSS and that one kind of lily called Spider Plant that’s impossible to kill. Rönsylilja. Se rönsyilee. Kun kukka kuolee niin rönsystä saa uuden.
Joooooo jeee kuulostaa mainiolta, kiitos vinkistä! Heti kun tulen takaisin Helsinkiin niin menen kyllä kukkakauppaan.